CPSC News #5: The Annual Garage Sale Trail
ONLY A FEW DAYS TO GO!
Don’t forget to register for the CLARENCE PLAINS SPRING CLEAN 2016
Be part of changing your community …!
Clarendon Vale Clean-Up – Register online at: www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Launde+Av+to+Rokeby+Rd
Rokeby Clean-Up – Register online at: www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Joseph+St+to+Duntroon+Dr
The National Garage Sale Trail is now in its sixth year. It encourages people to clean out their homes and to sell their unwanted items on 22nd October 2016 (a week after our community clean up). The aim of the Garage Sale Trail is to make holding a garage sale easier for people by having everyone participate on the same day. If neighbours team up together and offer lots of sales in the one street they can sell more.
The Garage Sale Trail is a chance to clean up your home, make sure that your unwanted items are reused by somebody else and to get to know your neighbours and make new friends!
By selling your unwanted stuff you are promoting sustainable living and looking after your suburb and the planet!
If you want to be a part of the Garage Sale Trail you can register on their website at www.garagesaletrail.com.au. This website also lets you post pictures of what you have on offer.
Garage Sale Tips:
- Let people know about your garage sale! You can do this through social media, word of mouth and email
- Create an outstanding sign that helps people find your garage sale
- Show all of your best items together. Think about having bargain or even give away bins for other things.
- Price the things you have for sale the night before.
- Think about how you can get more people to your garage sale
One person’s trash is another person’s treasure!