CPSC News #6: Hard Waste Clean Up
1st November in Clarendon Vale
15th November in Rokeby
CLARENCE PLAINS SPRING CLEAN 2016 – DONE! WELL DONE!!
You were part of changing your community …!
Did you know that the Clarence City Council has an annual Hard Waste Clean-Up?
This is a chance for you to put out large items that could not normally be collected through the usual wheelie bin rubbish collections. The service is free to residents whose rubbish is usually picked up by the Council garbage collection service.
On the day of the Hard Waste Clean-Up in your area, put your items out on the nature strip 1 metre away from your wheelie bins. Your items should be able to fit inside an area that is 2 metres wide by 2 metres deep, and no more than a metre high. Your items should be able to be easily lifted onto a truck by two people.
Don’t worry if your items are not all collected at the same time because there are a few trucks that will be collecting different types of rubbish throughout the day. The collection starts at 6:00am and finishes at the end of the day.
Date for Clarendon Vale Hard Waste Collection: 1st November
Date for Rokeby Hard Waste Collection: 15th November
Some of the items that can be collected are:
- Household appliances
- Limited amounts of building material and electrical goods
These items will not be collected:
- Paint tins
- Broken glass, asbestos, ashes
- Loose rubble
- All fencing wire, including chicken wire
- Commercial or business waste
- Any item longer than 1.5 metres excluding mattresses
- Items too heavy for easy lifting onto a truck by 2 people
- Engine blocks, car batteries, tyres and car body parts or any other car part
- Chemical, or liquids including engine oil
- Gas cylinders
- Vegetable matter
- Cardboard or other recyclables