Are bookings required?
Yes. To ensure tour quality and participant safety, each tour has limited space. If a free space exists on a soon to depart walk, then the tour guide may accept a late entry for the tour.
What is the maximum booking size?
10 People is our maximum booking size however we can accommodate larger groups upon request. If you are travelling in a group of 10 or more, please contact us to organise a private tour, or we may be able to arrange multiple tours departing at similar times.
Where can I park my car?
Parking is available nearby next to the TRC hotel in Margaret Street. This is a short 5 minute walk from our booking office
What do I need to bring with me?
We recommend guests bring the following items;
- All guests should wear sturdy and comfortable closed toe shoes for walking. We do not recommend ‘flip flops’ or ‘thongs’ for our walks.
- A small backpack or bum bag is helpful if you wish to carry a drink bottle, camera or personal items.
- Drink bottle. It’s a good idea to carry some water although there is a point on each of our walks where we can stop at drinking fountains. Should you not have a drink vessel, we do have reusable bottles available for purchase.
- At all times of year we recommend bringing a sunhat/cap and sunglasses. We provide basic sunscreen facilities at our office however if you have special requirements we recommend you bring your own.
- We recommend bringing a warm sweater, jumper or jacket. Especially in winter months, and even on sunny days, the winds by our river can be piercing and cold.
Do you hire equipment or raincoats?
We have limited quantities of rain jackets that guests are able to hire for a small fee should they wish.
On rainy days we do offer each guest free use of our umbrellas
When is your schedule updated?
Tour schedules are updated approximately one month in advance. If you would like to secure a time, please book online in advance. If nothing is available via our website, please email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to arrange additional tours if we are able to accomodate.
Can I smoke during the tour?
All of our tours are non-smoking.
Will I need food?
You are welcome to carry your own snacks on the tour. We do not offer food until the end of the tour. We recommend working up an appetite during the walk for the included sumptuous meal at the end of the tour.
Do we still go if it’s raining?
Our tours operate rain, hail or shine. In the rare event it is unsafe to conduct a tour (e.g. due to a severe weather warning or closure of pathways and tracks), we will cancel the tour and offer to rebook you on another tour or offer a full refund, whichever is most convenient.
Can you organise a private tour?
We sure can! Please email or call us for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 436 375 734
Where does the tour end?
The tour starts and finishes at our booking office. This is located at 2 Bridge Road, Launceston, Tasmania, 7250 (above Stillwater Restaurant).
Are there stairs during the tours and are both tours fully accessible to wheelchairs?
Our City and Seaport tour is fully accessible and wheelchair friendly. The Gorge Tour standard route does include some particularly steep inclines and stairs however we do also have a fully accessible option for this tour. Should you prefer this option, please contact us on email@example.com or +61 436 375 734 and we’ll be happy to arrange the fully accessible Gorge Tour for you.
I would like a job as a guide. How do I apply?
We always love to hear from people with the same passion as us. If you have a love for Tasmania that you want to share and think you will add value to our organisation, email us with your CV and a short statement explaining why you would be a great tour guide.
Are there toilets along the way?
Toilets are located at our booking office at the start of the walk. There are also public toilets at some points along each of our walking tours.